8.14.2010

End of Summer Term. Beginning of Summer Break

This is Erin coming to you live from the Salt Lake International Airport. Yes folks, I have indeed the opportunity to stay overnight at an airport. This is the second time (first time being a scheduled overnighter in Boston). Anyways.. This time I am blessed to have a friend from my home ward who shares my religious beliefs and is trying to get back to Atlanta flying standby also. It's so nice to have him here to watch my back. Thanks Matt! :). We just walked around to find a quiet, comfortable area to stay. We settled on a few armless, backless bench things (with minimal padding) next to a children's play area.

Our little stake out:


We moved another bench under the sign where an outlet is so we could plug out laptops in. Yup, Matt's master design....ok it is three am. I can't believe I'm taking pictures of this stuff and putting it on my blog. I'm so out of it.



Time to backtrack....sorry this is out of order.
I finished up my first semester at college with an AMAZINGLY FUN ward activity of ice skating and broom hockey. I use amazing a lot...



Jacob and Jordan Cardinal. Two of my favorites here. :)


Then came finals!!! We had some great 5th floor study room memories. During our study break we took some pictures.

Here's the little lucky room that housed our soaking brains:


Jacob's new sunglasses:


The cutie twins studying (with Jed's nifty left side to the left):


We all survived finals (somehow) and even cleaning checks (by some windexing-mighty mite miracle...) and then I headed out with the Cardinals to wonderful Bountiful (aka Bountyfull [adam otaki] or B-town [jack cardinal]). We went to a wedding reception at the famous Lion House Bakery in SLC. Then took a few pictures by the temple.

Jacob, me, Jordan, Joshua


I have decided that no matter the weather, time of day, people surrounding, or piece of the temple you photograph, it ALWAYS ALWAYS makes a gorgeous picture. Check it.


Today (after swimming with Jordan and Sara) Jacob took me to SLC to the Happy Sumo (supposedly really great, tasty sushi restraunt). He got me to try all three of these sushi dishes....and who would have thought that I LOVED them?! :) It was great. Kudos to Jack.


I truly miss all of Felt 37 ("felt like heaven") and of course the wonderful Fox 48 (real foxy ladies). Thanks Eric for the great times and for sharing your gymnastics, composing, singing, japanese, commando abilities! Tucker Denton...you were the greatest co-teacher I could have asked for. Thanks a BILLION. Not to mention the other members of the ward including our FHE bros, my hometeachers, and my sweet visiting teachers. The church is true!

Carry on! :)

1 comment:

  1. Ah Erin, I love ya! Can't believe you are sleeping in an airport.. but if anyone can do it - you can! Glad cleaning checks worked out and that you had a fun time with the Cardinals. Have a fun break and goodluck in the fall!!

    ReplyDelete